We are a small rural community of faith with a big heart. Just off the coastal path many walkers stop at Morvah for refreshments at ‘The Schoolhouse Gallery’ and to enjoy our church as a place of peace for reflection and prayer. Many inspiring and gifted people live in our area and over the summer months we invite local musicians to perform at our Morvah Epilogue service, an informal service of Evening Prayer on a Sunday night. Visitors and newcomers are always welcome!
St Morvetha church has been a place of Christian worship since Celtic times. A Holy Well and the ruins of a chapel some 500 yards north of the present church are witness to our ancient history, but apart from her name we don’t know anything about our Celtic saint.
Morvah church was built in 1390 and dedicated to St Briged of Sweden, whose cult was very popular in Britain at that time. The tower of the original church is still standing with only minor restorations, though the church itself was completely re-built in 1828.