St Just Parish
It has the privilege of standing at the centre of our community as a witness to 1400 years of Christian worship, prayer, teaching and service. We aim to be a welcoming and inclusive church and open our doors daily to enable people of all faiths and none, of all ages, backgrounds and traditions, to come and be still in this holy space.
During our 9:30am service on a Sunday morning we also have a regular Children’s Church “As One”. We start the main service together with a hymn and a welcome, then the children go to the WI Hall next to the church for their fun teaching, activities, and prayer time together – and join us again for Holy Communion and the final hymn.
Our ancient, grade II listed church is a fine mediaeval building located on a site where there has been Christian worship for at least 1500 years with as many as four ‘churches’ dating from the later fifth or early sixth century. It houses the Selus Stone which dates from this time. The earliest written record thought to exist of the church dates to 1291. The church was rebuilt from 1334–36 and rededicated on 13 July 1336. Only part of the chancel remains from this time as the rest of current church dates from the fifteenth century.